Top 10 health benefits of using a cast iron pan for cooking.
The materials in which you use to cook your food might be more important than you think.
Using cookware that is made from man-made materials, or coated with chemicals can enable these to seep into the food.
To make sure your cooking is not tainted with any ingredients that should not be in there, only use natural materials to cook with.
Cast iron is one of the best natural materials you can cook with. It has typically been used for thousands of years as a durable cooking material.
It is able to withstand incredibly high temperatures without the worry of breakage or unwanted materials getting into your food.
Here are the top 10 reasons why should cook using a cast iron skillet.
1. It provides the body with iron. Cooking using a cast iron skillet actually allows small amounts of the iron to be transferred into your body via the food. This can be a handy way to top up depleted iron levels.
2. Cast iron is 100% toxic free. There is no need to worry about chemicals or toxins seeping out from the material when you cook with a cast iron pan.
3. Your food tastes better. Food cooked in a cast iron pan needs less oil, and enables the natural flavors of the foods to be brought out.
4. It is incredibly durable. If looked after, there is no reason that a cast iron pan should not last you a lifetime.
5. They are inexpensive. You can pick up a good quality, pre-seasoned cast iron skillet for around $20. This is a much cheaper option than buying pans that only cost a few dollars, but need replacing every few months.
6. They are really easy to clean. All you need to clean a cast iron pan is some hot water and a good scrubbing brush. They do not need to be treated with chemical cleaners like some other types of cookware that seem to burn the food onto them.
7. They have been around for over 2,500 years! Anything that has been around for this long proves just how good quality it is. Cast iron pans have been found from around the 4th Century BC in China.
8. They are naturally non-stick. A seasoned cast iron skillet is non-stick due to the oils from the previous cooking being built up in the pan.
9. They are so good to cook with because the heat is evenly distributed, meaning you get a proper evenly cooked dish.
10. They are versatile and can be used on the hob, in the oven and even on barbecues and hot coals!