Fix hormone disruptions using these common essential oils.
Hormone imbalance in the body can be the source of many health problems, and the worst part is many people can go for years without realizing a particular problem they have is due to a hormonal imbalance.
Weight gain, fatigue, depression and pain in the body are all symptoms which occur from hormonal imbalances which are usually blamed on different causes.
Hormones in the body are controlled by four main glands-
The thyroid – which controls metabolism and weight management.
Sleep hormones – produce melatonin which helps you sleep and protect you from diseases.
Adrenal hormones – cortisol is produced by the adrenal gland which controls stress and the metabolic process.
Reproductive hormones – different in men and women, these control different functions such as body hair, testosterone and estrogen.
The following is a list of common problems that are associated with hormonal imbalance-
- Appetite changes
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Hair thinning and hair loss
- Low libido
- Irregular menstrual periods or infertility
- Digestive issues
- Anxiety and depression
Hormonal imbalances can be made worse by the following factors-
- Obesity or being overweight
- Elevated levels of inflammation due to unhealthy diets and sedentary lifestyles
- Lack of sleep or poor sleep quality
- Food allergies and gut issue
- Toxicity (exposure to toxins, pesticides, cigarettes, viruses, alcohol, and chemicals)
Best essential oils for curing hormonal imbalances
- Sandalwood for lowering stress – Producing too much of the stress hormone can be really detrimental to the body, lack of sleep can cause many more serious disorders. Sandalwood has been shown in trials to reduce the mount of cortisol produced by the body.
- Clary sage for healthier menopause – Women going through the menopause are some of the most susceptible to hormonal imbalances, when the body greatly reduces the amount of estrogen it produces. Clary sage helps the body produce more estrogen to alleviate these symptoms.
- Holy basil for reducing anxiety – This herb has been shown to be really effective in lowering the body’s production of the stress hormone, cortisol.
- Thyme for preventing breast cancer – Certain types of breast cancer are linked with hormonal imbalances. Thyme acts with progesterone to balance these hormones.
- Myrtle for improved sleep quality – Myrtle is beneficial for reducing stress hormones and can help the body relax before bed time for a more peaceful sleep.
- Lavender – Lavender oil is one of the best oils for helping you relax, and this is because it has the power to reduce the amount of stress hormones that the body produces.
- Fennel for gut health – Fennel has been shown to reduce gut problems associated with autoimmune reactions and thyroid disorders.
- Ashwagandha – This herb has been shown to help regulate hormones and helps the thyroid against adrenal fatigue.